This year’s Specsavers Clinical Conference (SCC7), which takes place from 8 to 9 September in Melbourne, is introducing a number of new elements, including two very special clinical excellence awards – The Doug Perkins Medal for Australia and The Doug Perkins Medal for New Zealand.
In each country, the medal will be awarded to the Specsavers store team that best meets the nomination criteria set out below:
- Leadership in delivering exceptional patient outcomes
- Feedback demonstrating the positive patient experience
- Focus on education and training
- Implementation of processes delivering consistent quality eye care
- A commitment to accessible eye health
- Collaborative engagement with medicine.
Nominations for the two Doug Perkins Medals are encouraged from both Specsavers store teams and Specsavers support teams. The judging panel will comprise the members of the Specsavers Australia & New Zealand Optometry Team, and review and judging of the nominations will be based on evidence-based patient outcomes.
Nominations close on Friday, 3 August. For full terms and conditions, and to submit a nomination, visit the Specsavers Connect intranet.
Presentation of the medals will be made at the SCC Welcome Dinner at the National Gallery of Victoria on the evening of Saturday, 8 September. The SCC Early Bird rate ends on 30 June – visit the SCC7 registration portal to book or visit the SCC event page for more information.